In 2012-2013, we raised $280,000. These funds are being used this academic year as follows:
- Ongoing funding of two full-time Technology teachers and a district-wide technology program.
- Supporting important teacher training focused on technology and the new common core standards.
- New funding for an elementary Music teacher
who’ll provide music education and enriching learning opportunities for
all students in grades K-5. This program will include classroom music
lessons for grades K-4 and instrumental music for beginning band and
orchestra to 5th graders. (Made possible, in part, by the
Millbrae School District’s funding of the instructional aides that the
MEF has funded in the past.)
Community support and generous donations of time, money, and in-kind gifts make this possible!
We are encouraged by the progress we are making as a district, and, as always, grateful to all who have donated, and supported our efforts. This year
Our goal this year is the 3 R’s, RETAIN, RESTORE, REDUCE! The more we raise the more we can do. If we raise:
We know we can raise $400,000 and fund five teachers, but we need your donations to do it. In order to hire more teachers, and provide the programs our kids need to thrive in the 21st century classroom, we need to raise $450 per child. All donations of any amount are important, and 100% participation is critical.
- $300,000, we RETAIN the technology and music programs we are funding now.
- $500,000, we can expand what we’re funding and RESTORE more enriching programs.
million we can continue to fund programs and help REDUCE class sizes by
hiring additional classroom teachers. This is a big goal, but other
districts have done it and Millbrae can too, with everyone’s
Donate, volunteer, and know that whatever you can do, whether a little or a lot, is the right choice!
What has the MEF funded in recent years?
- 2010-2011, the MEF funded a grades 4-8 music program and instructional aides.
- 2011-2012, the MEF funded a full-time counselor at Taylor and instructional aides.
- 2012-2013, the MEF funded a new district-wide technology program and instructional aides.
Millbrae School district now funds a music program at Taylor and
instructional aides in our elementary schools. The Peninsula Health Care
District now funds the counselor at Taylor, as well as providing
comprehensive Physical Education, and other important health programs
for our schools. As a result, MEF has shifted funding efforts to
technology programming and support for our students and teachers, as
well as music education in all of our elementary schools.
Our Kids. Our Future. Our Choice.