in 2007, to protect our children’s education from endless cutbacks, the
MEF is a non-profit, 100% volunteer organization. The MEF
is devoted to raising money to hire certificated staff (credentialed
teachers), and fund the programs our kids and schools need to meet new
common core standards and succeed academically and beyond. We are also the only organization that can fundraise specifically to hire teachers.
In 2012-2013, we raised $280,000. These funds are being used this academic year as follows:
- Ongoing funding of two full-time Technology teachers and a district-wide technology program.
- Supporting important teacher training focused on technology and the new common core standards.
- New funding for an elementary Music teacher
who’ll provide music education and enriching learning opportunities for
all students in grades K-5. This program will include classroom music
lessons for grades K-4 and instrumental music for beginning band and
orchestra to 5th graders. (Made possible, in part, by the
Millbrae School District’s funding of the instructional aides that the
MEF has funded in the past.)
Community support and generous donations of time, money, and in-kind gifts make this possible!
Our goal this year is the 3 R’s, RETAIN, RESTORE, REDUCE! The more we raise the more we can do. If we raise:
Current projections are as uncertain as our state and federal budgets. Over the last few years we’ve seen $2 million in cuts in our small district—the effects of more cuts would be devastating without your support. But there is hope. The Millbrae Education Foundation is working with the Millbrae School Board, our superintendent, PTAs, teachers, and principals to raise the funds needed to help counteract these detrimental effects on our children.
- $300,000, we RETAIN the technology and music programs we are funding now.
- $500,000, we can expand what we’re funding and RESTORE more enriching programs.
- $1 million we can continue to fund programs and help REDUCE class sizes by hiring additional classroom teachers. This is a big goal, but other districts have done it and Millbrae can too, with everyone’s participation!
Donate, volunteer, and know that whatever you can do, whether a little or a lot, is the right choice.
Our Kids. Our Future. Our Choice.
Millbrae Education Foundation Brochure
Millbrae Education Foundation FAQ (English)
MEF and PTA